The first thing to mention: WE HAVE A NEW BLOG DESIGN! Isn’t it beautiful? Do you like it?
It’s not just a new design either – I’ve gone self-hosted. I’d been toying with the idea for a while and over the weekend I finally caved in. It wasn’t as tricky as I thought, and so far I’m very happy with my decision. I’m feeling so inspired to up my blogging game now – watch this space!
WHAT I’VE BEEN LOVING:
- Gala Darling’s weekly High Vibe Honey videos. If you’re feeling a little run-down, in desperate need of a cosmic pick me up, take a look at the High Vibe Honey series. Each week, Gala gives a forecast (always positive and filled to the brim with helpful advice) and leads a tapping session (where you tap body parts and give yourself some affirmations). This isn’t my usual thing – I’m not the tarot card, hororscope kinda gal – but the videos I’ve watched have been brutally apt. It’s not because of some universal magic, I don’t think. It’s more that Gala has some really worthwhile advice (my favourite? ‘If you’re feeling shit, don’t go on social media’). And her tapping sessions have definitely given me some things to think about.
- What A Time To Be Alone by Chidera Eggerue. Speaking of fantastic advice, The Slumflower’s debut book is absolutely stuffed with priceless advice to help you navigate 2018, peppered with ageless Igbo idioms which Chidera learned from her Nigerian-born mum.
- Season 4 of Cuckoo. Sometimes you just need to laugh so hard you cry a little bit. Enter Cuckoo, genius as ever in it’s fourth season. And, good news, it’s getting a season 5!
- Oh Comely magazine. I don’t bother with most women’s magazines – they’re just heavily photoshopped models and advertisements, right? Enter Oh Comely, full of real people and their stories, gorgeous illustrations and women with great ideas.
GRACING MY WARDROBE:
Zara’s gingham belted trousers:
Do I look like a chef? A clown? Or like Audrey Hepburn circa Roman Holiday? Probably not the latter, but a girl can dream right?
This citrus-y dress was the perfect way thing to wear on a summer’s day. How typical that the sun disappeared just a week after it arrived.
WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING:
- I went to my first ever Pride festival and had a wonderful time. It was brilliant to see everyone smiling, being themselves, and having a happy afternoon. As my friend said: ‘It’s a shame every day isn’t like this’.
- Hanging out with Queenie. Did you catch the blog post on our afternoon together? We’ve also got a couple of videos that are now on YouTube – but more on that later!
- Finishing my July bullet journal. I really, really liked the sunflower theme – it made me feel so cheery to doodle.
I’ll be uploading the two videos here soon – and talking a little bit about cruelty-free beauty products. Very excited!