Welcome to my very first post on Nikki’s Notebook!
I ran a blog called She Wore Ribbon before deciding to give myself a fresh new start. If you like fashion, fun and felines, we’ll get along just fine.
One of my aims for Nikki’s Notebook is to write a little more personally – so expect a lot more lifestyle bits and pieces! And what better way to get the ball rolling than the ’25 Random Facts About Me’ tag?
Getting to know you
1. I graduated with a Psychology degree in 2012 and realised I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. It was around this time I started fashion blogging and freelance writing and suddenly everything just clicked.
2. I have a black cat called Jude and he’s seven months old. You’ll see him and his siblings around the blog quite a lot!
3. Since falling in love with Paris, I’ve been trying to teach myself to speak French via Duolingo. The app is great but my French is still awful. Je suis désolé, Paris.
4. I have a full blown Netflix addiction. It started as the odd episode on my laptop, progressed to a staple for my commutes to work, and now I even watch it in the shower by propping my phone on a shelf. I hope there won’t be a soggy iPhone in my future.
5. I would really love to visit New York. After that, the next destinations on my hit list are Venice, L.A. and Rome.
6. I don’t drink alcohol – a night out for me is super cheap!
7. I collect notebooks and always carry one on me – I’m obsessed with writing lists and doodling.
8. Major life changes are occurring. I’ve just started a new job, which I’m loving. I’m also on the verge of starting driving lessons – eek, am I becoming a grown-up!?
9. I’m a super fussy eater. But in the last year or two I’ve discovered the beauty of the sweet potato, strayed into Chinese cuisine and I now like butternut squash. But you still won’t convince me to try mushrooms. Or sushi!
10. I’ve lived by the sea for my entire life – I love being 15 minutes away from the beach and it’s not something I’d be willing to give up in a hurry.
11. I don’t drink tea or coffee. If I’m heading to Starbucks, it’ll always be a hot chocolate for me. With whipped cream and mini marshmallows, please.
12. I have a baby face and get mistaken for a college student a lot. Their reactions are usually priceless when I explain I’ve already left school – and University – and that I’m actually 23. #awkward
13. I’m an awful worrier. There’s always something I’m obsessing/panicking/cringing about.
14. I go to Nandos at least once a month with my friend Becky and always order the same thing- it is incredibly tasty though! (Lemon and herb chicken burger, for anyone interested.)
15. I’m always inspired by a character called Eloise. She’s a wild child six year old who lives at the Plaza hotel. She’s rawther a lot of fun, always speaks her mind and is never scared of anything.
16. Another of my idols? Audrey Hepburn. She was beautiful, stylish and unabashedly feminine – but was also incredibly clever, a humanitarian and gave us brilliant quotes – like the one in my header!
17. I met Russell Brand this time last year. I panicked and asked him to sign my arm *facepalm*.
18. Every time The Parent Trap is shown on TV I can guarantee someone will message me on Facebook to tell me how much I look like 11 year old Lindsay Lohan. Lucky me!
19. My favourite designers include Burberry, Jenny Packham and Orla Kiely. How much would I love to see one of their shows? A lot!
20. I’m pretty fond of Jake Gyllenhaal. Don’t tell him though, I’m playing it cool.
21. My favourite band is Arctic Monkeys and I finally saw them last year. After years of dedicated fan girling, I had a bit of a swooning moment over Alex Turner. I’m only human.
22. Knitting seemed like a perfect hobby for a vintage loving cat lady such as myself, so I gave it a go. This was when I learnt that I hate anything fiddly and that knitting induces temper tantrums. Ironically, I’m fine with cross-stitch.
23. Chocolate is probably my favourite thing in the world. There’s rarely a day where I don’t eat it. Yes, I don’t drink or smoke, but my sugar addiction is something of an issue…
24. Embarrassing moments are sort of my thing. Saying the wrong thing, falling over and getting into increasingly ridiculous situations – them’s my trademarks.
25. I want to write a book. Other goals include: writing for a magazine, co-hosting a radio show, designing a fashion collection, becoming a columnist, penning a sit-com… it’s a long list, but I believe in thinking big.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me – I’d like to get to know you too. Leave a random fact about yourself in the comments!