An about page gives you the facts, but does it really tell you who someone is? No. I think the best way to get to know someone is through a series of unusual questions. Let’s begin!
1. Which is the best season?
Thank you for asking. They all have their merits. But my heart belongs to pumpkin picking, thick blankets, colourful leaves and chunky knits.
2. If you were a breakfast food, what would you be?
Gluten and dairy-free crepes with a dash of fresh lemon juice and sugar. I enjoy it; undoubtedly disappointing to others.
3. How much cake is too much cake?
An excellent question. Well, the most cake I’ve ever seen is the chocolate cake presented to Bruce Bogtrotter in Matilda. And since he devoured the whole thing, I must conclude there is no such thing as too much cake.
4. Favourite M&M flavour?
I’m convinced the orange and brown ones taste better. Convinced!
5. Do you have strong feelings on magnolia-painted walls?
6. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
Rap God by Eminem. My confidence is unmatched. My enthusiasm is unsettling. My skill leaves much to be desired.
7. Is Paddington 2 the best film ever made?
Without a doubt.
8. What’s your favourite type of cooked potato?
I’m so glad someone finally asked! Roast potatoes.
9. What’s the funniest thing ever?
10. What’s your unpopular opinion?
The Smiths are vastly overrated.
11. You’ve been kidnapped and allowed to send one tweet to let the world know something is terribly wrong. What do you send?
I would definitely tweet about how much I love salads. Actually, if I ever tweet about food and it isn’t high carb or sugar, ring the authorities immediately.
12. Which fictional character do you most relate to?
Wednesday Addams. Or maybe Elle Woods? I might be having an identity crisis.
13. What is your favourite era of Emma Watson hairstyle?
After researching this very thoroughly, I have a joint winner. I’m allowing myself this because both looks are of a similar theme: brown ombre, tousled and completed with a strong lip colour.
14. Which season and episode holds your favourite look for each character in Friends?
So no-one told you I was gonna go too far *clap, clap, clap, clap*.
Monica: S3, E6 (The One With the Flashback). Monica looks phenomenal in this simple red cropped vest, ripped-knee jeans and white sneakers. Side note: Monica really doesn’t get enough style credit for those early seasons.
Rachel: S3, E15/16 (The One Where Ross And Rachel Take A Break/The One The Morning After). She looks kick-you-in-the-crotch-spit-on-your-neck-fantastic in that khaki green overcoat with black high-waisted trousers.
Phoebe: S1, E10 (The One With The Monkey). Yep, I am being bold and choosing Phoebe’s New Year’s Eve dress. She looks like a medieval maiden but I’m here for it. Plus, her curls are beautiful!
Chandler: S1, E7 (The One with the Blackout). Chandler’s giant 90s overcoat and pale blue shirt is just *chef’s kiss*. Chandler Bing: More perfection than gum. (He’s ridiculously handsome in this era, no?)
Joey: S1, E8 (The One Where Nana Dies Twice). Not to be a creep, but Joey’s never looked cooler than when he was dressed for Monica and Ross’s grandmother’s funeral. I guess I’m a sucker for an overcoat and sunglasses?
Ross: S5, E11 (The One With All The Resolutions). The leather pants, duh! Don’t roll your eyes at me, it was nearly his Spudnik costume. (All jokes aside, if these had been black jeans, it would have been his best outfit by far. All those opposed to beige slacks, say “aye”.)
15. What are three little joys in your life?
Fresh bed sheets. Pink lemonade. Peonies.